The Chiang Mai National Museum is located on the Superhighway road, very close to Wat Jed Yod. You can combine a visit to the temple with an afternoon in the museum. You may also be interested in the Chiang Mai Zoo, one of Thailand's most outstanding zoological parks.
More information is available on this site about the following museums:
- Chiang Mai City Art & Cultural Center
- Located in the old Provincial Administration building, the Cultural Center provides an historical background to the development of Chiang Mai.
- Wat Gate Museum
- In the compound of Wat Gate is one of our favorite Chiang Mai museums, featuring old photographs of Chiang Mai before tourism.
For more information on museums in Thailand, refer to these national sites:
- Thailand Museums
- Information about national museums throughout Thailand.
- Thailand Zoos
- Site covering several zoos in Thailand, including Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Sri Racha.