The beautiful mustard and white mansion on the corner of Krabi and Satun Roads was built by a rich merchant of the Chinese community, Pithak Chinpracha or "Tan Ma Siang". The large home was built in 1940 after the completion of the original house next door, which is now the Pithak Chinpracha House museum.
The building had been used in the past by some Phuket governors as their official residence, although the property has never belonged to the state. The building was restored and opened to the public in 2006. It now serves as the Phuket branch of the Thai-Belgian restaurant chain, Blue Elephant, which also operates a cooking school on the premises.