The Thailand-Burma Railway Centre in Kanchanaburi
There are three museums devoted to the World War II history of the area in Kanchanaburi town. They are all privately run, with no official standing. All are interesting, if you want to find out more about the construction of the death railway, and each presents the information slightly differently.
The World War II Museum near the bridge is the most unusual, with an eclectic collection of not only WWII memorabilia, but also costumes worn by Miss Thailand contestants, antique typewriters, and much more. The Thailand-Burma Railway Centre is probably the most focused and well presented of the lot.
- JEATH War Museum
- The JEATH War Museum is one of two competing "JEATH" museums in Kanchanaburi town.
- Thailand-Burma Railway Centre
- The Thailand-Burma Railway Centre is the newest of the museums around Kanchanaburi dedicated to the WWII era history of the area.
- World War II & JEATH War Museum
- The WWII and JEATH War Museum has to be the most 'unusual' of Kanchanaburi's death railway museums.