Wat Traphang Thong
Just a short way inside the east gate of old Sukhothai is Wat Traphang Thong, the "temple of the golden pond." It is the only one of the ancient temples within the old city walls that is still in active use. It was originally built around the fourteenth century. The main remaining structure is a large bell-shaped chedi.
Another artifact in the temple grounds is a Buddha footprint that dates from 1359. It was originally at another temple in the hills outside of town, and was moved to Wat Traphang Thong in the mid-twentieth century.
Local celebrations of the annual Loy Krathong festival are centered around this temple.