You'll find all the major water sports on offer from many outlets along both Pattaya and Jomtien beaches. There's scuba diving, wind surfing, jet and water skiing readily available.
Note that jet skis are confined to designated areas.
You can also charter deep sea fishing from one of several places near the pier.
Away from the water, you'll find many other sports to occupy your time. There are three bowling alleys, several golf courses, bungee jumping, go karts and even an international formula 3 racing circuit all nearby.
To book individual tours in advance, visit our partner Viator. Booking in advance helps to ensure you get exactly what you want, without have to worry about dealing with a hotel tour desk or searching out a tour operator once you get there.
- Pattaya Park
- Large water park in the grounds of the Pattaya Park hotel. It also features the hotel's 170-meter tall tower, with its observation deck and cable slide for the daring.
- Jomtien is more popular for this sport. If you want to learn, look for Surf House International in Jomtien. The Siam World Cup competition is usually held in mid-April.
- Water Cable Ski
- Lakeland Water Cable Ski is on a large freshwater lake. Open daily from 9:00 to 18:00. Admission is 300 Baht.
- Scuba Diving
- The diving around Pattaya is not the best that Thailand has to offer. If you're looking for a diving holiday, you should really consider the Andaman Sea or Koh Tao, but if Pattaya is your only beach destination and you want to dive, you will find plenty of dive shops to service you. See our Pattaya dive guide at SEA Undersea.
Others Sports & Activities
- There are a number of bowling alleys in shopping centers around town. The newest, and perhaps best, is the Blu-O center in the Avenue mall. Rates vary according to the day of the week and time of day, but generally isn't more than 100 Baht per game.
- Pattaya Fun Go-kart has a 400 meter track, and a choice of 80 or 120 cc carts. Open from 9:00 to 18:00 daily.
- Paintball World has both outdoor and computer-controlled indoor areas, as well as a viewing gallery and clubhouse.